Please join us on Saturday, December 14th for the inaugural Home for the Holidays Tour and Cocktail Reception at the Elvehoj Musuem in Solvang to benefit the Santa Ynez Valley Senior Citizen Foundation, whose mission is to advocate and promote the wellbeing of valley-wide seniors, especially those who are financially at risk. The Buellton Senior Center’s vision is to end senior hunger in the Santa Ynez Valley. Proceeds from the event will provide nutritional, recreational, and transportation resources to the senior citizens and other members of the Santa Ynez Valley.
The 12-4pm home tour will feature four beautiful homes in Solvang, Ballard, and Los Olivos followed by a festive cocktail reception from 4-6pm boasting holiday-themed drinks, beer from Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company, wine, live music and appetizers.
In the tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright’s philosophy of organic architecture, this house was designed to become one with its site and to take full advantage of the panoramic views across the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley. The goal was to design a modern home with warmth that would enhance the oak-studded site and fit nicely within the rural landscape. The lower level is nestled into the hillside, thus minimizing necessary grading on the ridgeline property. The main living areas are aligned to take advantage of passive solar with overhangs that provide shade almost all day in summer months and full sun to interior spaces through most of the day in colder months.
See the wonderful views of the Santa Ynez Valley. This property was originally a hay field then an apple orchard. We turned back to grazing cattle and a family vineyard. The small ranch home was built in 1992 and the apple barn in the 1970’s. Come enjoy the decorations of Christmas.
We have lived in Ballard for 30 years in our home which is directly across the street from the Ballard School, which has been in constant use since 1883. It is quite a joy to hear the children playing across the street from our home every day. We hope you enjoy your tour. We love Christmas!!
Susie and Duane Serritslev
Flag Is Up Farms
Monty Roberts and Pat Roberts have been in the Santa Ynez Valley for over 50 years, with the establishment of Flag Is Up Farms in 1966. Flag Is Up Farms is home to the Whispering Rose Ranch – one of the most elegant ranch estates in the world with galloping horses on over 100 acres, a race track, multiple barns and a pond. Unparalleled grandeur greets you from the moment you enter the rose-covered gates, and continues as you begin the nearly 1/2 mile tree-lined drive. The Mountain Vista overlooks the entire Santa Ynez Valley and Mountain Range. The tour includes a visit to Monty’s Saloon, a truly one-of-a-kind room complete with a bar, shuffleboard and authentic western decor.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
- Tickets can be purchased online, by check (mail to SYVSCF, P.O. Box 1946, Buellton, CA 93427), and at the Buellton Senior Center. Tickets are $55, and include the home tour (12-4pm) and cocktail reception (4-6pm).
- Checkin will start at 12:00pm at the Elverhoj Museum, 1624 Elverhoy Way, Solvang, CA 93463.
- Homes may be visited in any order. You will need to follow volunteer directions for parking, as space is limited.
- The homes are not wheelchair accessible. If you have special needs, please contact 805-708-4211.
- Due to uneven outdoor surfaces, flat shoes are required and closed-toe shoes recommended. If you wear high-heeled shoes, you will be asked to remove your shoes. Booties will be distributed at the homes.
- Public restrooms will be available at the Elverhoj Museum in Solvang at checkin.
- Children under the age of 12 will not be admitted into the homes.
- Docents will help guide the tour and answer any questions about the homes.
- There will be holiday treats distributed after visiting the homes provided by local bakeries.
- No cameras allowed on the tour.
- There are no refunds on tickets. But if you turn your tickets back, we will issue a receipt to you for a tax-deductible donation in the amount of the value of your tickets.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 805-708-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.